I - Putting into service
Before putting into service for the first time, the user must check the following points :
- that the sling matches the order,
- availability of the corresponding declaration of conformity and operating instructions,
- presence of the marking by checking the adequacy of its contents with the sling,
- general condition of the sling (transport damage),
- recording the material in the lifting equipment records.
II - Use
It is necessary for the user ( qualified person) to check the sling before and after each use to identify any signs of wear, shock or damage. Do not hesitate to isolate the sling if in doubt.
Before starting the lifting operation, the user must pay attention to :
- an absence of employees on and under the load,
- sufficient freedom of movement in the working area,
- protect the slings from sharp edges and the risk of friction/abrasion,
- never place seams on hooks or other lifting devices (to be positioned vertically),
- do not engage the slings on the tip of the hooks,
- gradually put the sling under tension and check that the lifting point is directly above the centre of gravity of the workpiece,
- consult us in case of exposure to chemical substances, the sling's components are selectively resistant to product attacks.
Polypropylene fibres : -40°C to +80°C
Polyester/polyamide fibres : -40°C to +100°C
NEVER EXCEED THE WLL INDICATED ON THE IDENTIFICATION TAG DEPENDING ON THE SLINGING ANGLE.
NEVER LEAVE THE SUSPENDED LOAD WITHOUT SUPERVISION
III - Inspection and maintenance
These inspections must be carried out by a qualified person.
When not in use, the sling must be stored in a clean, dry and well-ventilated place, at normal operating temperature, away from sunlight and contact with chemicals.